General Questions

When is scarbrough haven open?

We are a private estate and do not have normal business hours when we are open to the public. Please visit our website and sign up for our newsletter to receive information of public events we host throughout the year.

Do I need to schedule a tour or can I just stop by?

  • Scarbrough Haven is a privately estate that does not have normal business hours when we are open to the public. Tours are by appointment only please.
  • Tours are available during weekdays by appointment only and usually last 1-2 hours.
  • We will tour the property via golf carts, so please dress accordingly.
  • You can request a tour here.
  • Before requesting a tour, please review our rental pricing information to make sure we are a good fit with your total wedding budget.

What is the building capacity?

  • The Aurora - 200 guests including the bridal party (150 is most comfortable allowing for a dance floor and food stations).
  • The Tea Room – 50 guests
  • The Greenhouse – 80 guests
  • The Chapel – 80 guests

How do I reserve a date for my event?

  • Come for a site visit.
  • To secure a date for an event at Scarbrough Haven, we must receive a signed contract along with the first non-refundable payment.
  • Dates are first-come-first-served regardless of when you tour the property.

What is your cancellation policy?

  • All sales are final. Once you book a date, there is no return of any funds paid or allowance for a date transfer.
  • However, if we as a venue, are unable to host the event due to certain conditions listed in our contract, you will have the option of choosing an alternate date from our available calendar of dates at no extra charge to Client (provided the rescheduled date is the same rate as the current event date).

Do I have to purchase “day of” event insurance?

  • Yes! You will need to purchase a “day-of” policy to cover the event with Scarbrough Haven listed as additionally insured (certificate holder).
  • Please be aware that this policy does not cover bartending, which needs to be covered by a separate policy. Insurance arrangements can be made through or These insurers can also be used for non-wedding events.

What is the rental fee for Scarbrough Haven and what does it include?

Please see the details found here for complete pricing with items and services included.

If we plan to have our ceremony elsewhere, is the venue price discounted?

Our pricing structure remains the same whether you hold your ceremony, reception, or both onsite.

What is the average budget of a couple getting married at Scarbrough Haven?

  • Typically, venues (plus food and drinks) should account for 40% of your total budget.
  • Because we have so many options of times and location for events, budgets for events at Scarbrough Haven can range from $5000 - $50,000 for all wedding expenses (venue, food/beverages, floral, photographer, etc.).

What is your smoking policy?

Due to the beautiful outdoor (and sometimes combustible) nature that defines Scarbrough Haven, all outdoor areas and buildings are designated as non-smoking.

How many cars will your parking lot accommodate?

  • About 90 vehicles.
  • Guest vehicles may not be left overnight.

Can we drive your golf carts?

  • To help people with mobility issues, we may be able to provide the use of golf carts to carry people from point to point.
  • Only Scarbrough Haven staff may drive the golf carts.
  • Depending on the size of your event, you may need to hire additional golf carts.

What types of tables and chairs do you have?

  • We have the following tables:
    72” inch round tables – 10 available
    60” round tables – 5 available
    48” round tables – 3 available
    30” round tables (either table height or bar height) – 10 available
    8’ x 30” rectangular tables – 13 available
    8’ x 18” rectangular tables – 2 available
    6’ x 30” rectangular tables – 15 available
    6’ x 18” rectangular tables – 4 available
    4’ x 24” rectangular table – 1 available
  • We use black bentwood chairs inside and folding black wood outside. Our staff will have these set up and ready to go the day of your event.
  • You may also rent other options for tables and chairs and have them delivered for your event.

Do you provide table linens?

  • Scarbrough Haven does not offer linens as part of your rental price. However, we do have an arrangement with a linen company, and we can rent and have linens delivered on your behalf. If you decide on this option, we will place the linens on the tables for you.
  • You are also welcome to bring your own linens or linens rented through a different company.


  • With a variety of table sizes and the number of guests, we have quite a few floor plan combinations.
  • We create a custom floor plan with you to give you the look and feel you want for your wedding day. We also want to make sure the flow works well for you and your guests.
  • Scarbrough Haven is on, and we have both floors of the Aurora listed.

What happens in case of rain?

  • We do have spaces that will accommodate tents in case of inclement weather. We will need you to make a decision about your plan B and arrangements for the possibility of bad weather at least one week in advance.
  • Depending on your rental space, there may be an option to “flip” a room to have both ceremony and reception in the same location.

What form of payment do you accept?

  • We prefer rental payments by check.
  • However, we do accept credit card payment through Honeybook.

My preferred dates are unavailable. Do you have a cancellation waiting list?

  • We do not keep a cancellation list because cancellations are rare.

What time will I have access to the venue to decorate?

  • You will have access to the venue at the time listed on your contract. Please plan accordingly.
  • Rentals times should include delivery of items, set up, event, tear down, and exits.

Do you include a “day-of” coordinator with the rental fee?

  • We do have a staff member(s) here before you arrive onsite and someone who stays throughout the duration of your event. However, they are here to make sure the venue is running smoothly and properly. They do not help with specific event decorating or operations.
  • We request that you hire a licensed planner to handle all the details and work directly with all your vendors leading up to your day. It can either be a full planner or a “day-of” planner (which is really more of a “month of” planner).
  • You are free to choose your planner, but we need to approve the selection.

What time do you suggest we start the ceremony?

A typical Friday or Saturday wedding is between 3:00 – 5:00 with the majority starting at 4:00 pm. Sunday weddings generally start between 2:00 – 3:00 pm.

Is the venue available for a rehearsal?

If the rehearsal is outside the rental agreement day and time, it is based on availability and will only last an hour.

Are candles allowed?

Because we are a wood structure and accidents can happen, we only allow flameless candles for safety reasons.

Can we have fireworks on the property?

Fireworks, sparkler fountains, and sparklers are permitted ONLY with our preferred vendor. Colored smoke bombs may be used but only a certain distance away from The Aurora.

Are we allowed to use the fire pit near The Greenhouse?

  • If you have rented the area near the Greenhouse, you may
  • Only Scarbrough Haven staff members may build and manage the fire.
  • Scarbrough Haven reserves the right to close the fire pit for safety to our guests or the property.


  • We love music! However, we are out in the country and sound will carry. Out of courtesy to our neighbors, any amplified outdoor music (live or DJ) must end by 10:00pm, not exceed 80 decibels and no sub-woofers are allowed.
  • All music volumes will be monitored. If your party garners the attention of the authorities, the rental party will be held liable for all fines.

Are outside food and drinks permitted before our event starts?

  • Outside food and non-alcoholic drink are permitted while you are getting ready.
  • Please no outside alcohol of any kind.

What is the event clean-up process?

  • We ask that that the venue be left in a similar condition as you found it.
  • We ask that you remove any trash, personal items, clothing, leftover food, etc. following the wedding reception. Any remaining trash, empty boxes, etc. will need to be carried to the dumpsters.

Are there any limitations on decorations?

  • You are welcome to bring in your own decorations, but they will need to be pre-approved by Scarbrough Haven at least one month prior to your event.
  • Absolutely no materials may be used that can cause damage to the property including, but not limited to outdoor spaces and plants, walls, fixtures, art, or antique barn frame. We have a strict no flame/fire policy.
  • Scarbrough Haven does not permit using nails, staples, tape, tacks, command strips, etc. to any surface of the building. You are welcome to use zip ties for any additional decorations.

Can we place signs on the road?

Yes, you can. However we ask that you pick them up at the end of the day.

Do you allow animals onsite to play a part in our wedding day?

  • Animals, other than service animals trained to do a specific task, are not allowed at Scarbrough Haven.
  • With that being said, we are out in the country and have several farming neighbors that have cattle and other critters that may come up to the fence line. As cute as they are, please do not engage, feed or pet our 4-legged neighbors.
  • Un-fenced in critters abound as well, but they tend to stay away from human crowds.

Do you have any overnight guest accommodations?

  • We do not have any overnight accommodations at Scarbrough Haven.
  • There is a Best Western about 10 minutes away in Emory, TX and several hotels in cities 30 minutes away: Greenville, Sulphur Springs, and Canton.

What else is there to do nearby?

  • Bass fishing. We are on Lake Fork, one of the top bass-fishing lakes in the country with many local world-class fishing guides available for hire.
  • Golf
  • Shopping – Canton’s First Monday is only 30 minutes away and charming east Texas towns are all around within an hour’s drive.
  • Eating – We have an amazing coffee shop in town and several quaint local restaurants nearby.

vendor details

Do you require us to use preferred vendors?

  • Yes and no. At Scarbrough Haven we allow you to choose most of your vendors. Because there are so many great vendors, we do have our preferred list to help you out. These are vendors we know and/or have done a good job on prior weddings. They have a variety of styles, personalities, and price-points.
  • All vendors must be licensed and insured and approved by Scarbrough Haven at least three months in advance of your event date.
  • Tenting, bartending, and security services (among a few others) must be provided from our preferred list of vendors.

Are all vendors required to carry insurance for my event?

  • YES! Any person or business that will service any part of your event at Scarbrough Haven is required to carry a minimum of a $1,000,000 policy which must be approved by Scarbrough Haven at least one month in advance.
  • If a vendor does not have insurance, they can purchase a “day-of” policy through

What are our catering options at Scarbrough Haven?

We allow our couples to bring in any licensed and insured caterers they choose, upon approval.

Can our caterer use your kitchen to cook?

  • No. Our kitchens are not designed/authorized for commercial cooking and are to be used for plating ready-made food to serve to your guests.
  • We have prep spaces in the Aurora and the Tea Room that include a sink, refrigerator, microwave, and counter space.
  • Caterers should be prepared to bring food in the appropriate container to keep it warm or cool for your event.
  • We do have some places where they may be able to bring equipment to cook outside.

Do you allow food trucks?

Yes, we have allowed food trucks. Please speak to us directly about what you are planning and we will see if it will work for your wedding.

What are our bartending options at Scarbrough Haven?

  • All of your bartending needs must be purchased through one of Scarbrough Haven’s preferred vendors.
  • They must be licensed through TABC and insured.

Are we required to hire an off-duty police officer?

  • Yes, you are required to hire an officer for our weddings or any event with more than 35 people and/or alcohol.
  • We outline our policies to you prior to your event. It is your responsibility to make sure your family and guests (especially the wedding party) follow these rules.

Do you provide cups, silverware, plates, etc?

No, you will need to work with your caterer and bartender for the plates, silverware, napkins, etc. for your meal. Most caterers offer a variety of offerings from paper to plastic, and some offer real china for an additional fee.

We are using a rental company. Can they drop items off or pick them up outside of the rental period?

All deliveries must happen during the standard rental period. Please advise your vendors of this policy or contact us directly if there are unique circumstances.

Are we allowed to use a tent?

  • Yes, you can use a tent providing setting up the tent does not damage the lawn or surrounding area.
  • The tent rental is up to the couple, and you must use one of our preferred vendors.

2769 County Road 3160, Emory, TX 75440

903-231-5165 |